Watersports and recreation boating
The nautical centers offer weekly courses on optimist dinghy’s, sailing dinghy’s, catamaran and windsurfing. Close to the hotel you will find the town’s sailing school of “Fort Saint-Pierre” in the “Bois de la Chaise – Plage des Dames”.
The old wooden sailboat “O’Abandonado” offers beautiful seatrips around the island.
Mouv’n Kite is a unique kitesurfing school located on the island of Noirmoutier. You can learn kitesurfing, initiate yourself to this special gliding discipline safely or improve your already acquired skills in a natural and untamed environment, the learning spot is at the heart of a protected Natura 2000 site.
Jet-ski rental, with and without license, located at the port of “Morin” in “L’Epine”.
Initiations, excursions by jet-ski around the island of Noirmoutier, supervised by a qualified instructor.
“Noirmoutier Evasion” offers nautical kayak hikes, on reservation, supervised by a qualified instructor.
Your guide, a native of the island of Noirmoutier, will teach you to practice kayaking and you will discover the heritage of the island seen from the sea.
Things to do
- Discover the island of Noirmoutier: visits in the company of a passionate guide, discover the hidden treasures of the island. Information at the Tourist Office.
- Cycling paths: a map of the bicycle paths is at your disposal in the 3 tourist offices of the island: Barbâtre, Herbaudière and Noirmoutier-en-l’Ile.
- Bicycle rental : quality bikes available at the hotel. Adaptable carriages and child seats. Adult and children sizes.
- “Cuillette du Gois”: come and pick your own fruit, vegetables and flowers as you walk in a beautiful rural setting (information at the hotel).
- The salt marshes: the island is dotted with salt marshes and there are about 80 establishments producing salt on the island and many have demonstrations of the process and a shop where you can buy their produce.
Sports and leisure
- Horse riding: Equestrian center in the Herbaudière or Horse Club.
- Skate Parc: “Etier du Moulin” sqaure.
- Leisure Park and “Mini golf du Gois” in Barbâtre.
- “Mini-Golf du Bonhomme” in the Guérinière.
- Tennis Club of Noirmoutier: 52, avenue du Maréchal Joffre in Noirmoutier-en-l’île.
- The “Poisson Clown” nursery in Noirmoutier-en-l’île.
- Club Mickey Mousse on the beach of “Les Sableaux”.
- Noirmoutier Sports: Rue de la Prée au Duc, Noirmoutier-en-l’île.
Arts and culture
- Shows: Theater Festival of Noirmoutier-en-l’Ile and movie theaters in Barbâtre and Noirmoutier-en-l’Ile.
- Painting courses: information at the tourist office.
- Many art galleries.
- House of arts and crafts in La Guérinière.
The castle museum
On the square “Place d’Armes” in Noirmoutier: the castle is from the 12th century and is one of the best preserved in the Vendée, it will seduce you with its remarkable architecture. Inside you will also find the largest collection of French earthenware from Jersey. A space devoted to the marine guards the memories of the island’s past.
The museum of the island traditions
On the square “Place de l’Eglise” at La Guérinière.
Les marais salants
The museum of the shipbuilding
At “Rue de l’Ecluse” in Noirmoutier: within a warm and authentic space, you will discover all the steps of shipbuilding, from the cutting of the wood to the finishing of the rigs.
The exposed activities related to the sea or land are complemented by a carpenter and a seamstress workshop.
Discover the pleasures of the water park.
On the old port of Noirmoutier.
Guided tours by train of the island. Departure from the castle square.
Miniature village in l’Epine.
Wooden carriage pulled by horses for a guided tour of the island. Departure from the castle square.
ILE AUX PAPILLONS
Stroll among hundreds of butterflies at La Guérinière.
MAISON DE L’ANE
The donkey farm is located in Beauvoir-sur-Mer on the “Route du Gois”. You will be able to see different breeds of donkeys
VEDETTES INTER-ILES VENDEENNES (INTER-ISLAND BOATS)
Information at the tourist office.